The Naugatuck Valley Genealogy Club holiday party will be held on Saturday, December 9, 2023.
It is open to members and their immediate family only and will be in celebration of our 25th anniversary as a club. It will include presentations on our history and the people who helped make the club the enjoyable and informative organization that it is today.
The party will feature some tempting door prizes, generously supplied by institutions near and dear to your hearts. They include:
- One annual membership to the Connecticut Society of Genealogists, given by the Connecticut Society of Genealogists, Inc.
- Gift certificate for My Heritage Complete software from MyHeritage.com
- Gift certificate for Webinar classes from FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Gift certificate for Legacy software from MyHeritage.com
- A one year membership to Genealogy Bank from Genealogybank.com
- Gift certificate to software such as Mac Family Tree and Mobil Family tree from syniumsoftware.com
- A $25 gift card to the American Ancestors book store from American Ancestors & The New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Free AncestryDNA Tour from DNAGuide.com – “Your DNA Guide’s AncestryDNA Tour is an online learning experience in which you’ll learn to navigate your way confidently around your AncestryDNA test results! Your Tour includes more than a dozen short, engaging video tutorials; a full-color, interactive workbook; and activities that help you apply what you learn to your own DNA test results. When you finish your AncestryDNA Tour, you’ll better understand what your DNA is telling you about your roots–and what else it might reveal if you dig a little deeper.”
- Mattatuck Museum gift package – one-year membership (individual or household) to the Mattatuck Museum in Waterbury, Personalized, behind-the-scenes, 30-minute tour of some of the Mattatuck’s Archival collections, and $25 to spend in the Mattatuck’s gift shop
- One gift certificate for a Y-37 test and a second gift certificate for an mtFull Sequence test from Family Tree DNA. Each of these may help provide expanded matches for those who already have autosomal tests. These certificates can also be used to apply their corresponding dollar amount to other testing.
- More to come!
All members in good standing as of December will be entered in the drawing for the prizes, regardless of whether you are in attendance at the party or not.
Keep an eye out for an email with more information on the location and time of the celebration!